Thursday, June 2, 2011

Visitors to the Peace Garden

Last week I was so surprised to see this visitor to my garden.

Walking around upright he is about 5 feet tall and as you can see he
is a very large bird. I am guessing that he is a Wild Turkey.


I ran to get my camera and he jumped into the tree. He just seemed cautious, definitely did not appear to be afraid. I left after awhile so I have no idea how long he was in the tree or where he came from.



I live in central downtown Buffalo so this was a very unusual, but welcome,
visitor to the Peace Garden.


And then...........two days later I look outside and observe this very large
Rabbit hopping around in my garden.


As you can see, he was looking at me but did not scamper away.


Now I know that my friends who live in the country probably see such visitors
frequently, but as I mentioned before, I live downtown, in a very
busy area, so forgive me for my excitement.

Could it be that they were just lost - or do you think they are hungry?
Is there a food shortage going on in the wildlife world that I am not
aware of?

Anyway, they both brought me joy :-)

peacesojourner

No comments: